If you haven’t recently been affected by the issues Canada Post faced over the last few months, it may have been difficult to stay on track with the updates that 2019 will bring along. Canada Post has recently announced that postal rates for all classes and sizes of letters will increase for both paper stamps, meter and postal indicia effective as of Monday, 14 January 2019.
The rate will on average increase by 4.1 percent for domestic parcel services and 2 percent for US and International parcel services.
Some key changes that will take effect will go as following:
• Meter price for domestic standard letter 0-30 g changes to $0.87 from $0.84
• Meter price increase to other domestic, USA and international classes and weights.
• Meter price increase for Incentive Lettermail and Canada Post Personalized Mail™.
• Fee for Registered Letter (domestic) increases to $9.50
As per comparison purposes:
• Single paper stamp for domestic standard letter 0-30g changes to $1.05 from $1.00
• Stamps purchased in booklet or coil increase to $0.90 each from $0.85 each
The new postage rates are the first cost increase for letter mail since March 31, 2014. Despite the price increase, Canada Post estimates that the average Canadian family will only be paying less than one extra dollar a year.
For more detailed information in relation to the new affected rates and price increases for 2019 from Canada Post, please visit www.canadapost.ca/notice. You can also contact Canada Post at 1-800-267-1177,
Be sure to keep these rate increases in mind when sending out your next mail campaign, even if you’re just sending a birthday card across the country to your loved ones. Choose Mail-O-Matic as a part of your next direct mail success story, contact us for a quote!