With Direct Mail Marketing, Timing is Key
Every marketer’s question: what day to send your campaign? Direct mail marketing is one of the best ways to connect with consumers. Direct mail marketing is successful because it connects directly to the consumer with tangible materials. Moreover, direct mail marketing fits in with our daily routines as people check their mail when they get home from work helping to create positive associations.
With the knowledge that direct mail marketing is a powerful tool, how do you know when the best time to send out a campaign will be? The short answer is that the proper time of year to send out a direct mail marketing campaign depends on your product or service.
Let’s Start with the Basics:
- Identify your market – the narrower your market, the more effective your campaign will be
- Focus your message on the benefits – the copy should be positive and convey the value that your product and or service offers
- Create an easy and direct call to action – make it very clear to the reader what your intentions are (call, email, drop by, etc.)
Once you have the basics of your campaign sorted out, you can move on with scheduling and implementation.
For campaigns that are time-sensitive, your targets must have enough time to:
- Receive the direct mailer in time for the promotion
- Make a decision on whether to buy
- Have enough time to take advantage of the offer
There is nothing more annoying than receiving a great offer in the mail only to realize that it ends later that day. For date, specific offers you need to consider processing time and delivery times. If you are unsure about the amount of time it takes for each of these steps, reach out to the helpful staff at Mail-O-Matic. Consulting with our representatives during the early stages of your direct mail marketing campaign can help prepare you for a successful delivery.
Campaigns that are less time sensitive are a little easier to plan. However, you should still have the bigger picture in mind. Furthermore, it is always vital to make each of your campaigns as specific to your target market as possible.
Contact Mail-O-Matic to get started on your direct mail marketing campaign today!