Mail volumes fluctuate drastically throughout the year. As you can imagine, the holiday season is marked by an increased number of flyers, letters, and parcels being sent. As the holiday season dwindles into the new year, mail volumes decrease throughout the rest of the year.
This low mail volume is a perfect opportunity to get in front of your customer base. Here are some of the major reasons why you should switch to direct mail right today:
- Actionable – Most of the time, people ignore even the important emails sent to them because they receive dozens of emails every day. On the other end, when you use direct mail marketing, you can easily get customers’ attention and make them act. The chances of conversion with direct mail marketing are a lot higher than the email services because people have email fatigue.
- Unobtrusive – It’s a common fact that people don’t take emails seriously. For most of them, the emails are intrusive and distracting, which is why it’s not always a good idea for you to just communicate with your customers via the digital medium. As compared to email services, when you connect with your customers via direct mail, they will pay more attention to your messages. Studies suggest that the direct mail is given more attention than most emails. Using a highly targeted and creative direct mail marketing strategy is sure to stand out from the crowd.
- Better than e-mails – Since there are hundreds of emails, including promotional emails, general spam, bills, and social media notifications sent to customers daily it becomes very easy for people to outright ignore many emails. Direct mail marketing, however, is given a lot of importance because it is part of a positively reinforced routine. People check their mailboxes when coming home from work and are more likely to take the time to read every piece because they are happy to be home and relaxing. This positive correlation helps to bolster direct mail conversions.
- Reliable – Direct mail have been in existence for decades (in one form or another) thus lending a greater deal of legitimacy and authority to direct mail pieces. People are also more likely to keep a direct marketing mail piece around, whether it be on their kitchen table, fridge, or home office. The fact that people hold on to mailers acts as a brand recognition trigger that can cause consumers to convert down the road.
- Cost effective – You can get an eye-catching mailer prepared electronically. In addition, you can control the number of mailers sent (trickle early on and then increasing the volume depending on its success) so you can control costs at every stage of the direct mail marketing campaign. This makes the entire exercise a highly cost optimized.
Direct mail is a great way to optimize the effects of low mail volumes. Enlist the help of professionals like Mail-o-Matic to help set up targeted and outcome-oriented direct mail campaigns. These targeted mail campaigns will help your business to connect with your intended customers and impact your bottom-line in a positive way.